Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ohsung Hong Ramyun Hot & Spicy


Country of origin: Korea
Bought at Super H Mart in Atlanta, GA

Mmmm... noodle soup with soy peptide. Sounds delicious. I can't find much mention of these noodles or the company that makes them anywhere on the web. Just a few online stores that sell 'em. No worries, though. Spicy ramen sounds good. Some noodle makers have a different definition of "hot" than I do, so let's see how these measure up.


Samyang size big noodle block with two very festive looking packs of stuff. The veggie pack has a lot of veggies including some decent size pieces of mushroom, carrots, tons of green onions and some weird thingies that are ambiguous. You'll see what I mean in a sec.


Ok, first things first. What the hell is that kinda round thing on the left side of the bowl? There were several of these in here and I can't figure out what they are. I can clearly pick out all the other veggies, but these things are creeping me out. I ate one and it had no taste whatsoever, and a nasty consistency. Styrofoam maybe? Other than that the soup isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It is somewhat spicy, though still not as spicy as Shin Ramyun, still the record holder for now for spiciest ramen. The only problem is that it just doesn't... taste good. I was trying to think of a better way to say it, but sometimes it's best to be frank huh? Not terrible, just not good. Good level of spice, but no other taste is present. I'm giving it points for the spice and mushrooms, but taking points away for plainness and creepy unknown (possible) vegetables. 6/10.

2 comments: