Friday, January 21, 2011

Myojo Chukazanmai Soy Sauce Flavor Ramen


Country of origin: Japan
Bought at Korean Market in Homewood, AL

Soy sauce flavored noodles sound pretty good to me right about now. The Oriental flavored version of these noodles was pretty dang good so I'm expecting these to be the same. I also really like the packaging these come in. Looks nice and feels more sturdy, like maybe it keeps the noodles more fresh? Maybe it just looks cool.


Another thing I like about these noodles is that the noodle block doesn't really look that big (it's not as fat as a standard block, kinda hard to tell in the pic) but still has a good bit of noodles therein. There's a big ol' seasoning pack and a big ol' pack of soy sauce with some oil (I think a mixture of sesame and soybean) thrown in. I have to add this one to the interesting ingredients list also because listed on the package is "Seafood Extract" which is combined extracts of scallops, clams and oysters. Wow. How exactly do you extract that? Do I wanna know? Another ingredient albeit way down on the list is mackerel. Just there in the list like it's digludium bioxate or whatever the hell those chemicals are. Let's give this mackerel a shot.


This stuff is really good and you get exactly what is advertised. Soy sauce flavor noodles. There is a very strong soy sauce flavor but it's very satisfying at the same time. It's a little bit hard to explain, so you just need to try these. You won't be disappointed. I'm giving these a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment