Monday, January 10, 2011

WeiWei "A" Series Chicken Flavor Ramen


Country of origin: Taiwan
Bought at Sunrise Market in Knoxville, TN

It's been a little while since my last update, mostly because I've been busy with work and stuff and sick at the same time. I think I've either got the bird flu or SARS, not sure yet. Maybe these noodles I picked up in Tennessee will help me feel better? I picked these cause of the bright colorful packaging and also because WEIWEI is really fun to say. Let's check em out!


The stuff in the clear package is kind of a paste but it's hardened... I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not... it was a pain to get it out of the package. The veggie pack contains some green onions and a LOT of cabbage. You'll see what I mean.


So here's the done deal. It's kind of a dark color for chicken ramen due to the brown paste-ish stuff that came in the package. There is a lot of cabbage here as you can see in the picture and one of the disappointing things about this one is I can taste a lot of it. It has a strong cabbagey flavor and I just don't like that at all. Bleh. The other disappointing thing is that it doesn't taste like much else at all. I wouldn't even call this chicken flavor because there's just nothing here that really tastes like chicken... and in a world where so much does taste like chicken that's pretty sad. I'm giving this one a 3/10. I don't think it's related to the last 3/10 I gave out to the WAIWAI noodles but they are just about as bad. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment