Thursday, January 27, 2011

Payless Pancit Shanghai Oriental Flavor


Country of origin: Philippines
Bought at Super Oriental Market

I figured I'd continue in the pancit canton vein. Here's some new stuff from Payless. The couple different Payless noodles I've had were pretty good, so let's check these out.


It's the same size noodle block as the Lucky Me noodles but these look a little funky and kinda feel like packing material. There's a veggie pack and a pack of paste that smells like soy sauce but has some other stuff in it as well.


The first thing I noticed about these was the God awful smell. I mean DAMN, these are some of the stankiest noodles I've ever encountered, and the smell fills up the room immediately. Ugh. The noodles just aren't good quality... they don't have a pleasant texture and are too chewy despite cooking them extra for such a small noodle block. They don't taste as bad as they smell but the smell just kind of kills it. The worst part is I've got these same noodles in another flavor that I'm planning to try... damn. 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment