Sunday, March 11, 2012

Samyang Sogoki Myun Beef Flavor Ramen


Country of origin: Korea
Bought at Super Oriental Market

I'm always on the lookout for products from Samyang as just about all their products are the bomb diggity. I picked this one up fairly recently and I gotta be honest, the only reason I chose it is because I like the packaging. I'm expecting these to be at least pretty good though since they are made by Samyang. Let's open this mofo up!


It's the same 120g noodle block that comes with all the other Samyang ramens so it's definitely a lot of noodles and good quality ones at that. There's only one pack of stuff but it's a good size pack. Upon opening I notice there's a good bit of beef flavoring and a LOT of green onions. Time to cook.


The soup has a sort of creamy texture to it which I like, and has a decent amount of spice as well. Almost as spicy as Shin Ramyun. It doesn't seem like the flavoring pack got mixed up enough in the cooking process because I'm tasting different spices at different times in the soup, sort of like one area is spicy and the other tastes like nothing but onions. Maybe I got a bad spice pack? These are ok, there are a few too many onions/onion flavor for my taste but the spice level is decent. I'm going to give them a 6/10.

*SEMI NON REVIEW RELATED NOTE*: This is my 100th post!! Not 100th review, but 100th post!! I'd like to thank God and everyone at the Center for Ramen Art, Inc. Thanks for reading, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment