Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sapporo Ichiban Hot & Spicy Chicken Ramen


Country of origin: USA
Bought at Super Oriental Market

I've never reviewed Sapporo Ichiban noodles and haven't eaten any in a looong time, but when I saw hot and spicy chicken flavor I had to give these a shot. I tend to try and avoid noodles that are made in the USA and stick to more unusual stuff, but it's still ramen and it's still made by a Japanese company. Nongshim noodles are made in California also (at least the ones you buy in the US) and I usually love those so I won't hold that against Sapporo. For those not in the know, "ichiban" is Japanese for "Number One." Let's spice this chicken up!


It's a 100g noodle block so it's a pretty decent amount of noodles. I think all Ichiban noodles have the same size noodle block. I'll be sure and review the other flavors since these are sometimes a "gateway" ramen for people looking to branch out a little more from Maruchan and Top Ramen. There's only one pack of stuff but it smells spicy. I'm tingling with antici....pation.
Yeah, kinda like that.
So here's the done deal. These are very good, the noodles have a great consistency and the spice level is good for my taste. It may be a little too much for some people but I would definitely eat these again and I'm giving them a 9/10. Can't wait to try other types of these!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment