Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Payless Pancit Canton Original


Country of origin: Philippines
Bought at Super Oriental Market

I reviewed the Payless Xtra Big noodles a while back and they were pretty damn good, and a shitload of noodles on top of that. So here's their original pancit canton. Now I originally thought 70 grams is not big but then I realize that that's compared with the other Filipino noodle company Lucky Me, whose noodles are usually about 55g which is not a lot of noodles. Hence, Payless! Or maybe pay the same price but get more noodles?


So you get a seasoning pack, soy sauce and coconut oil. I usually really like the flavor that the coconut oil gives noodles so I'm expecting these to be pretty good!


So here it is all done. There's really small pieces of carrot and green onion in here but it's hard to see in this pic. As with most of the other Payless noodles I have had these are pretty tasty and didn't disappoint me. The soy sauce, coconut oil and other stuff come together very nicely. My only complaint is the noodles could've stood to be a little more al dente and less stiff, but nobody's perfect. I'm giving these an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment