Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unif Tung-I Chicken Flavor Ramen


Country of origin: Vietnam
Bought at Super Oriental Market

Time for something a little more mainstream. Unif noodles are usually pretty good and chicken flavor sounds good to me. But before we begin, check out the packaging here. First you have a chicken king or chicken pimp, I can't decide which he looks more like. We'll call him His Majesty Cluck a Duck. Then (harder to notice) is the phrase "kylling smak" which sounds fucking hilarious. I think smak is a word for noodle, but I'm not sure and too tired to look it up. Anyway, let this venture into the world of ramen begin!!


Some funky colored noodles and one whole seasoning pack. I looked at the package but couldn't find any unusual ingredients in the noodles, so that kind of makes me worry a little. But after a few minutes of quiet reflection and prayer I decide to carry on anyway.


So here it is. Looks pretty normal. Some noodles I've reviewed have this strange sickly sweet taste that is completely unexpected and to me just tastes awful. This is one of them. I'm not sure what makes them taste this way, but when I eat chicken flavored ramen I do not want it to be sweet. Too much sugar maybe? These are just flat out not good. Sorry, Chicken ala King. 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment