Friday, December 3, 2010

Nongshim Kimchi Ramen


Country of origin: Made in USA. At one time it was probably made in Korea, but now it's in Rancho Cucamonga! Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy just saying that.
Bought at Korean Market in Homewood, AL for 89¢

Okay so sue me. I love kimchi ramen. It's some seriously good stuff! Part of me doesn't even know why I'm reviewing this one because I've already eaten the Nongshim kimchi stuff in two different bowls. Some people say the pack ramen is better than the bowl ramen though, so I'll give it a shot and see.


It's got the cool looking round noodle block like Shin Ramyun and two packs of stuff. The veggie pack has a lot of vegetables and it has what you would expect from kimchi ramen: cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions, etc. The soup base pack is a good size and smells deliciously spicy. I think this one is gonna be good.


Looks good right? I think so too. And it is! I still think I like the Samyang kimchi ramen better than this one, but this one is still pretty good. It's got about the level of spice I expect from kimchi ramen, and it's got a decent amount of veggies. Not a bad amount of mushrooms either, something you don't see in instant ramen too often. I may end up doing another faceoff post with this one and the Samyang eventually. All in all these are really good and I'm going to give them an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment