Monday, December 6, 2010

Ve Wong Kung-Fu Sesame Chicken Bowl

Country of origin: Taiwan
Bought at Super Oriental Market for 89¢

So I found a bowl version of the ramen that was my very first review. I recall that I didn't like it a whole lot also. Maybe I judged it too harshly, though so I'll give it a shot in bowl form.


Here's whatcha get in the bowl. Just like the pack form it's got a pack of sesame oil and soup base with some bowl shaped noodles. Let me just say after all my ramen experience that I still think the oil in this soup is like motor oil. It's a bitch to get off your hands and just has a really oily, greasy texture and feeling. Here goes!


Here's another pic of the bowl so y'all can kinda gauge the size of the bowl. It's a decent size. I'd say this pack has about the same amount of noodles you get in the pack.


So here's the finished product. Looks pretty standard. Tastes exactly like I remember, too. I really wanted to like this one because sesame chicken ramen just SOUNDS so good. The truth is, it's mediocre at best. The sesame oil in this one gives it a strange flavor. It doesn't taste bad, and it may just be me, but it kind of has a burnt smell and flavor to it that I remember from before. Like someone burnt the noodles that you are eating. That's the best way I can describe it. So all in all, it's not bad, but not good either. I'm sticking with my original 6/10. The bowl stuff is exactly the same as the package stuff. Just not that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment