Friday, November 5, 2010

Baijan Hot & Sour Flavor Sweet Potato Thread


Country of origin: China
Bought at: Super Oriental Market
Price: 99¢

As delicious as hot and sour sweet potato thread sounds I have some serious doubts about this one. I saw hot and sour flavor in the store and picked this one up... just now seeing the sweet potato thread part. Then, I remember that I'm the ramenator, and while this isn't technically ramen I feel a sort of duty to my blog to review it. So here we go.


 The first thing I noticed when opening the package was this smell that seemed to flow out like a cloud of stank. It smells rotten... but anyway, there's a bird's nest looking ball of thread with a pack of soy sauce, soup base, and a pack of seasoning paste that looks like vomit. I don't know if my microwave will ever be the same again.


Tell me that doesn't look like someone puked in a bowl. The smell is terrible, too. This is the first bowl of noodles I've ever cooked that I actually didn't know if I could even try to eat. Suffice to say that I tried it, and it tastes as bad as it looks and smells. Avoid this stuff like the plague... I mean, it's just so gross I can't believe people actually eat this. -5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment