Monday, November 29, 2010

Myojo Chukazanmai Japanese Style Noodles Oriental Flavor


Country of origin: Japan
Bought at Korean Market in Homewood, AL for $1.49

So these are the first noodles from Japan I've reviewed! The land of the rising sun, the birthplace of ramen, at least in instant form. Mr. Nissin (the Top Ranen guy!) invented it a little after World War II as a cheap, easy and portable way to eat delicious noodles anywhere, anytime. Pretty much. These are some I picked up at the Korean Market, which is supposedly also home to a Korean BBQ restaurant, even though every time I've been by there the store is open but the restaurant is closed. So I guess we'll see later on.
Anyway, these noodles come in some neat packaging and look pretty dang tasty in the picture. They also come in a variety of flavors. I picked up a spicy variant as well so if these are good then I'll be excited about those! Here we go.


It's a single layer block of noodles like those MAMA ones were but there are still a good size amount of noodles here. It's a 100g noodle block as you can see on the package, the average size ones being about 85g and the Samyang ones being about 120g. You also get a big pack of soup base which smells like Chinese food and a pack of soy sauce with sesame oil. Sounds good.


These came out pretty well. I cooked them for 5 minutes to get the consistency about where I like it. The package said 4 but they just didn't seem done. They taste pretty dang good, similar to the sesame chicken ramen because of all the sesame oil, even though there's no chicken in here. When this soup cooks some it really is a lot more noodles than it looks like at first. These were pretty good and I would definitely eat them again. I can't wait to try some other flavors! 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment