Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nongshim Kimchi Ramen Bowl


Country of origin: Korea
Bought at: Big Lots!! Also available at Wal-Mart.
Price: 75¢

So I've gotten to where I really like kimchi flavored ramen. I didn't think I would, and I've still never actually eaten real kimchi, but kimchi flavored ramen is some delicious stuff. It's usually really spicy, which I like, and I've found that adding some cabbage to most any flavor ramen is a good way to add some "meat" to the soup... I guess make it more filling and feel more substantial. So I was in Big Lots the other day and I figured I'd just see if they had any noodles lying around. Well, they did! I got this bowl and a couple of others at a low closeout price.


After the fiasco with the other noodle bowl I decided to heed the "DO NOT MICROWAVE" label on this one and instead put hot water in the bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. It came out pretty well. The noodles have a good consistency and it tastes very similar to the Samyang kimchi ramen I reviewed earlier. I still like the Samyang better, but some would argue that its not a fair comparison because this one is a bowl and the other is a pack. Well, I'll be on the lookout for this one in a pack, because it's pretty tasty. I needed something to heat up quick while I watched the first episode of "The Walking Dead" the other night, and this did not disappoint me. I could see taking this to work for lunch as long as I had a way to heat it up without starting a fire. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment